Thursday, February 19, 2009

This week in Canning....

This past Sunday we had friends over for dinner (it was very nice). I had made a ham so with the leftovers I put 1 cup of beans in the jar, filled the 3/4 of the way with ham chunks and then covered it with ham stock. I got the ham stock by boiling my bones and fat pieces. Then I processed the jars for 90 minutes in my pressure canner. It turned out great and now I have a protein packed meal in a jar. Just a note. I only got 6 jars with ham so I went ahead and did a 7th jar of just beans so I didn't leave an empty space.

Today I am going to blend up some Strawberries, Blueberries, and Pears to make fruit roll-ups in my dehydrator. Yesterday I dried some basil and oregano and ground them for spices.

What's up next? I don't know, let's see what come in my Bountiful Basket this weekend or what is on sale at Superstition Ranch Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment